Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Hello Again

Sorry everyone that it has taken me super long to make a new post! It's been so long I even forgot my password to login haha...

What's new, what's new...hmmm...

Since New Years a lot has happened so for those of you who don't want to read this huge long post here's a short recap

New Years was spent in Idaho with family, playing games and watching the ball drop.
My Birthday (12th) we went bowling with family and friends. Troy got me a massage as a present too. YAY
The 10th school started and we are super busy with that. Troy is taking 13 credits and I am taking 10.
This month I finished a journal.
Rorie has the stomach flu and it is not fun.

Ok, now for the extended version...

The day after Christmas we went up to Idaho to spend time with Troy's family. We love going up there and seeing everyone. It was really cute to watch Rorie play with her cousins, Arabella and Porter. We stayed through til the 1st of Jan. On New Year's Eve we went over to Troy's brother's house and played games all night until the ball dropped...then we played more games. The games we played made me feel like I was playing War Hammer (for those of you whose older brother's were nerds ;) ) or Magic the card game. ( I can't believe I am naming these games haha...maybe I'm the real nerd!) They were a lot of fun though and I didn't win a single time.
On the first we drove home. We were expecting the roads to be hectic but they weren't too bad and we made it home safely.

My birthday was on the 12th this month. I turned 22 but still feel like I am considered 20 haha. I think once you hit 25 people really consider you a "real adult." Not being a mom, not being married, but turning 25. I always make fun of Troy because he is 2 years older than I am. He's old and I let him know that on his birthdays ;). So for my birthday Troy let me know that "I am one year closer to dying..." That is what he said to me! So I said, "are you counting it down?" ;) I deserved him teasing me. I am glad that I have a husband that knows me well enough to joke around with me and know when I am kidding too.
So for my birthday (the 12th) I sat home and did homework pretty much the whole day. Around 5 ish or so my dad called me and asked if he could take Troy and me out to dinner. Of course we accepted and we went to one of our fav places, China Chefs, in Riverton off of Bangeter Hwy and 12300 s. Yummy!
On the 13th we actually celebrated my b-day by going bowling with family and friends. It was a lot of fun and I am so glad it worked out so everyone could come. Troy still hadn't given me a present and I was kinda thinking that he was too busy to get me one...that or he had forgotten to get one...but as we got into our car to leave the bowling alley, he told me I had some mascara smudged across my face...horrified I flipped the passenger mirror down and on my lap fell a gift certificate to go get a one hour massage. I love that sneaky turd!

On the 10th this month Troy and I started another semester of school. Troy is taking 13 credits and I am taking 10. Last semester I only took 6 credits and I am kinda feeling overwhelmed with only 10. My goal is to take 12 credits either next semester or the one after that. I really don't want to put too much on my plate right now. So Troy being the smartypants that he is, is taking Economics, Philosophy, Business, English, Photography, and Bowling. If you ask me, that is one heavy plate! Me on the other hand, Psychology, Sociology, Math, and Bowling. Two of my classes are online (psych, and math) one is on campus (sociology) and the other is at a bowling alley. Yes, we are getting credit for taking a bowling class where all we do is bowl, and that's all. Last semester we both did really well grade wise so we are hoping for the same result this time around. Fingers crossed!

I love to write in a journal. If I don't write in it before bed I feel guilty because I know I am eventually going to forget what happened throughout that day. Writing in a journal helps me to reflect on who I was and who I am growing up to be. I look forward to the day when I am like 100, looking back through the pages of my old journals, reflecting on my life, my children's lives, and my dealings with the Lord. I try to get almost every detail of happenings recorded in my journal so when I read back I still can draw a very vivid memory. My entries are another way to vent. Once all of my feelings and thoughts are on paper I can forget about them and move on. Of course they will always be there but it is another reflection of how I got over the problem and was able to forgive. I love writing in a journal.

Little Roo is sick. She has been sick for a week now with symptoms of the stomach flu. She is still her sweet little self who loves to play and laugh and discover new things, but she will whimper every now and then and rub her eyes, look at you with her arms reaching outward waiting to be picked up to cuddle. She is so clingy right now and I don't blame her. I am clingy to her as well. This is the first time she has ever been sick. Today though she has been doing better. Her symptoms are less and she no longer has a fever. Hopefully she feels back to her normal self tomorrow..


Ok! So there is a new post! Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. loved the post! So sad Rorie is sick:( Taelin had the sickness for almost 3 weeks...so good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post made me wish we could be closer friends. I feel like we have a lot of similarities. I'm so proud of you for doing so many amazing things with your beautiful life!!

    ReplyDelete