Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Christmas Presents

I am sooo excited for Christmas! This is Rorie's first Christmas and I can't wait! I am more excited to see her open her presents than I have EVER been to open my own. I am giddier than a 10 year old on Christmas Eve. I have been half tempted to give her one of her smaller gifts to see if she will even know what to do with it. Hopefully she catches on and will open at least a couple of her presents on her own...wishful thinking? Maybe...Hey she's a fast learner! Well at least I think so but I am her mom ;) I can't wait for Christmas morning! I wish it was tomorrow! I can't wait for Troy to open his gifts from me either! Thanks to Troy's parents we now have a video camera to record the event! If I can figure it out I might post some on here now that I have officially started our blog.

This Christmas is going to be soo exciting! It already has been with buying gifts, decorating, making treats, doing crafts, snow, and family. We even sent out some Christmas cards to family and close friends. This was the first year doing that and I have to say it was easier than expected. I got an add from vistaprint.com advertising 20 cards for $1.99 including envelopes. I think I am going to them from now on for Christmas cards. Pretty much I spent under $15! I was quite pleased with myself haha!

I have also been working on a new craft this holiday season. I saw some examples of yarn and felt wreaths and so I had to try it out myself. It ais not complete yet but is coming along nicely! I love doing crafty things like that and it's a perfect decoration for Christmas. The one I am making will be able to be hung up year round though so that's even better! I will post some pictures now and when I am done.



Our little home has been decorated for Christmas and I have to say I have really enjoyed it. Troy told me that I had to wait until after Thanksgiving before I put up Christmas lights and the Christmas Tree. Let's just say I couldn't wait so I put up some lights and other little decorations. I was able to resist putting up the tree until after Thanksgiving. I am soo excited for Christmas! I think this is officially my favorite holiday!

Rorie also got to meet Santa this year! She didn't know what to think of him. She didn't cry she just sat on his lap and stared at him. She was not about to take her eyes off of him! We tried so hard to get her to look towards the camera but those eyes were set. We all got a family picture with Santa too. Santa loved Rorie and promised to bring her something great on Christmas.



Needless to say, I am going to be sad when this month is over. I hope 2011 is kinder to some people I know and I hope that it continues to be kind to those who have had a good year in 2010. Pretty much I just hope everyone has a great next year!

2 comments:

  1. Cute! I wanna make one of those wreaths way bad, I saw them on a blog!! Was it hard?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No it wasn't hard but once school started I have had hardly any time to work on it soo it is STILL not done... Almost though

    ReplyDelete