Tuesday, December 21, 2010

One Fine Day...

...Troy and I met on a blind date.

 Maura's version:
             My cousin and his wife were coming into town and wanted to get together with some of the cousins. We were going to go on a big group date. Everyone was going even my oldest brother and his wife. I was hesitant at first, but when I was told my date was going to be Dalin's (my cousin) best friend I immediately thought about all of his friends and how they were all smokin hotties! So I said I'd go and hoped I would have fun. If anything I was going to hang out with my cousins.
              We agreed on meeting at one of my cousin's houses and then would carpool to the restaurant. I got there a little early and was told my date might not be coming. I was bummed and wondered if I should just go home. At that moment my date showed up. We all piled into the car - me in the front seat - and my date was in the back. I didn't get a good look at him and I wasn't about to turn around and introduce myself in the car so I waited until we got to the restaurant. On the way, we were all messing around and all of a sudden I hear an Irish accent...coming from my date! I was shocked and very impressed. That was the best one I had ever heard! I think that was the best anyone in the car had ever heard too.
              As we pulled up to Chili's in Riverton, everyone got out of the car and started toward the door. My date was waiting for me there and when I caught up to him I introduced myself. We shook hands and exchanged names. His name was Troy. We went inside and he immediately followed Dalin and my cousin's fiance, Skye, to the bar. I sat with a couple of my cousins and talked for a while until I mustered up the courage to go sit next to him and actually attempt to have a conversation. I learned quite a bit about him, where he wanted to go to school, what he wanted to study, etc. etc. He always had short answers and didn't seem too interested in getting to know me. His reaction towards me bothered me and at that moment I decided I was going to get him to open up and actually talk to me like a real person and not a robot.
              As we sat down at our table my brother and his wife sat across from us. Troy started to come out of his shell little by little throughout dinner. My brother seemed to like him because he was laughing and kidding around with Troy. Troy even pretended to cut my food into smaller pieces for me and he made sure I had plenty to drink (I had 3 full Sprite's in front of me the whole dinner!) We laughed and joked around, flirted of course. Troy even learned something not many people know about me. I had to explain what happened because he was very confused. Afterwards, I was expecting him to go right back into his shell, but instead he said "ok" and left it at that! I was shocked and relieved. This date was going great!
             After dinner we went to my brother's house. We played the Wii and flirted some more. I caught him a few times checking me out haha! We flirted and flirted! This was the funnest date I had been on ever! After playing the Wii we all decided to go back to were Dalin and Jennie (his wife) were staying and watch a movie. We got there and started watching Dumb and Dumber. (Classic!) We were sitting next to each other and I could tell he wanted to cuddle so I put my legs over his to break the ice. It worked and we ended up falling asleep during the movie. I felt so comfortable with Troy and felt amazing around him. When we cuddled, it seemed like I was meant to fit in his arms.
              We woke up in the morning still in each other's arms. It was Sunday and Troy invited me to go to church with him. I said yes of course. We each went home to get ready for church and agreed to meet up later and ride over together. As I went over to pick Troy up he was waiting for me outside. He was wearing a suit and tie and looked very well put together. After church I invited him to come to a scone party my family was having later that evening. He came and my family was surprised to meet him. They didn't know what to think of Troy because of guys I had been known to hang out with in the past. Of course Justin, my oldest brother, had met him and was pleasently surprised to see him there. We had fun at the scone party and decided to keep in touch.
             
              ....wow that was long!
       

No comments:

Post a Comment